East-Tec Eraser protects your privacy, identity and confidential information and removes all evidence of your computer and online activity. Securely erase tracks and secrets. East-Tec Eraser completely destroys information stored without your knowledge or approval: Internet history, Web pages and pictures from sites visited on the Internet, unwanted cookies, chatroom conversations, deleted e-mail messages and files, temporary files, the Windows swap file, the Recycle Bin, etc. East-Tec Eraser cleans Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc. and securely deletes all your Internet history, visited web pages and images (Temporary Internet Files or cache), address bar locations, unwanted cookies, and more.
East-Tec Eraser meets and exceeds government and industry standards for the permanent erasure of digital information, Russian and German security standards, and industry standards like the Bruce Schneier Algorithm or the Peter Gutmann Method.
• Real Deletion. Normal deletion is not secure: when you delete a file, its contents and information about it remain on disk. East-Tec Eraser makes sure deleted files are really deleted, so that previously deleted files like valuable corporate trade secrets, business plans, personal files, photos or confidential letters will not fall into the wrong hands.
• Cleans Your Favorite Browsers. East-Tec Eraser works with all your favorite browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, America Online, MSN Explorer, Opera, Safari, Netscape Navigator) and securely deletes all your Internet history, visited web pages and images (Temporary Internet Files or cache), address bar locations, unwanted cookies, and more.
• Cleans Your Favorite Programs. East-Tec Eraser cleans Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, AOL Messenger, ICQ, Outlook and Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Limewire, Morpheus, Kazaa, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Winamp, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Norton Antivirus, ZoneAlarm, WinZip, WinRar, Download Accelerator, and many more.
• Improves System Performance. East-Tec Eraser speeds up your computer and programs, deletes thousands of unnecessary and temporary files and frees up a lot of valuable disk space.
• Permanent Erasing. East-Tec Eraser meets and exceeds government and industry standards for the permanent erasure of digital information, Russian and German security standards, and industry standards like the Bruce Schneier Algorithm or the Peter Gutmann Method.
• Automatic Protection. You can set East-Tec Eraser to automatically clean your computer at specified intervals, like when you close your Internet browser, when the computer is not used, at a certain date and time, once a day, or you can set longer cleaning operations to run once a week.
• Entire Drive Wiper. East-Tec Eraser can securely erase entire CD/DVD disks, USB drives or hard disk drives with all files and folders. Use this option if you share, give away or sell disks to other people and you don’t want them to see what data you used to have on those disks.
• The Anti-Surprise (Anti-Boss or Panic) Key. Automatically close all open windows and immediately run East-Tec Eraser with preselected options (e.g. erase your Internet traces in stealth mode) with just a combination of keys. Use it in emergency situations to protect your privacy.
• Very Easy to Use. East-Tec Eraser has an intuitive interface and wizards that guide you through all the necessary steps required to protect yourself. You can also erase files and folders with one click directly from Windows, or drag and drop them in East-Tec Eraser.
• Flexible and Personalized Protection. East-Tec Eraser fully supports your personal privacy needs and allows you to define your own sensitive information, cookies you approve and want to keep, and even your own erase methods.
• Advanced Features for Professional Use. East-Tec Eraser features running in stealth mode completely invisible to the user, preventing specific data from being erased based on filters, granting different permissions to users, password protection, processor usage priority settings, command line parameters to allow advanced automation or running from batch files, etc.
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / Server 2003 / Server 2008 / 8 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)