GiliSoft RAMDisk – is like a physical hard disk to the operating system and programs. You choose its size (depending on the amount of RAM in your system), drive letter, and file system. You can copy, move and delete files on it. Like a physical disk, a RAM disk can also be shared so as to be accessed by other computers on a network! The RAM disk bypasses the system hard drive, which is the slowest part of a computer. Freeing your data storage and retrieval from this mechanical disk gives your system an immediate boost.
• Use a RAM disk to boost performance and speed up access to data.
Quiet, cool operation
• Unlike your system hard drive, a RAM disk contains no moving parts to generate noise and heat.
Extend the life of the hard disk
• A long time to run one program will lead to the same sector of the hard disk be read and written frequently, there will be a bad disk sectors. Use a RAM disk can avoid such a situation.
• Another reason for using a RAM disk is security or privacy. Once the computer is restarted or shutdown, the contents of the RAM disk are lost (when the auto-save feature is disabled). For some services or applications, this is an important attribute that contributes to the protection of sensitive data or information.
• Fully support Intel® Pentium D Dual-Core Processor and AMD Athlon™ 64X2 Dual-CoreProcessor;
* not available