Instant PDF Password Protector – is the free tool to quickly Password Protect PDF file on your system.
With a click of button, you can lock or protect any of your sensitive/private PDF documents. You can also use any of the standard Encryption methods – RC4/AES (40-bit, 128-bit, 256-bit) based upon the desired security level.
In addition to this, it also helps you set advanced restrictions to prevent Printing, Copying or Modification of target PDF file. To further secure it, you can also set ‘Owner Password’ (also called Permissions Password) to stop anyone from removing these restrictions.
‘PDF Password Protector’ includes Installer for quick installation/un-installation. It works on both 32-bit & 64-bit platforms starting from Windows XP to Windows 10.
• Instantly Password Protect PDF document with a click of button
• Supports all versions of PDF documents
• Lock PDF file with Password (User/Document Open Password)
• Supports all the standard Encryption methods – RC4/AES (40-bit,128-bit, 256-bit)
• [Advanced] Protect PDF file by adding following Restrictions
• Changing the Document
• Document Assembly
• Page Extraction
• Filling of Form Fields
• [Advanced] Set the Permission Password (Owner Password) to prevent removal of above restrictions
• Advanced Settings Dialog to quickly alter above permissions/restrictions
• Drag & Drop support for easier selection of PDF file
• Very easy to use with simple & attractive GUI screen
• Support for local Installation and uninstallation of the software
PDF Password Secrets
• A protected PDF Document may have 2 kind of Passwords. User Password & Owner Password.
User Password: It is also called as Document Open Password. It is required to open the protected or secure PDF file.
• Owner Password: Owner password is protect the restrictions imposed on the PDF file. Owner of PDF file may impose restrictions such as Copying, Printing, Signing, Editing etc. These restrictions are protected with so called Owner Password so that no one else can change it.
• Generally you can protect your sensitive PDF files with normal password (user/document open password).
However if you want to set advanced restrictions such as copying/printing etc then you also need to set ‘Owner Password’ (also caleld Permissions Password) to prevent anyone removing these restrictions. You can easily set these restrictions along with password using ‘Advanced Settings’ dialog in PDF Password Protector.
* Mega 2017 edition featuring new Installer for local installation & un-installation