Labrys Start Menu – Labrys is a replacement for Windows Start menu and Run dialog. “Sharp on both sides”
Unlike many other Start menu enchantment applications Labrys does not mimic layout or visual appearance of Start menus existing prior to Windows 8. Instead Labrys uses fresh approaches to provide rapid access to applications and command-line utilities with keyboard, mouse and touch.
• Uncompromised user interface that is good for keyboard, mouse and touch.
• Fast navigation in applications list with alphabetical index.
• Prudent screen space usage – menu width can be manually adjusted while whole height is used.
• Supports minimalistic view – without icons or large menu items.
• Filters for shortcuts.
• Combined search / command box.
• Jumplists are displayed for all the applications that provide them.
• Can launch modern (metro) apps.
• Offers full list of power options.
• Flexible color theme configuration.
• Command autocompletion from history.
• File paths completion.
• Customizable list of command executors.
• Resource-friendly in terms of both memory consumption and computation power.
• Supports Hi-DPI displays.
• Proper Unicode support.
• English and Russian localizations.
* Added when running on Windows 8/10 executing Windows -> Settings item in default jump list while holding Alt will open regular Control Panel.
* Fixed Labrys window does not hide sometimes after opening Control Panel.
* Fixed wrong command invoked with Alt+Num shortcuts.
* Fixed Shutdown button being highlighted when opening menu after Sleep or Hibernation commands used.
* Fixed wrong text right padding of executed commands history list items.
* Fixed possible crash when parsing shortcuts.